Chemyx stainless steel syringes are used for high-pressure applications using the Fusion 6000 syringe pump and other Chemyx syringe pumps. Sometimes you will see the syringe leaks during the experiment.
If the leaking came from the fitting, do the following steps to fix it:
- Use a wrench to loosen and take off the fitting.
- Use a thin Teflon film to wrap the thread of the fitting.
- Put fitting back to the syringe and use the wrench to tighten it.
If the leaking came from the inside of stainless steel syringe, do the following steps:
- Pull the plunger out of the syringe body.
- Replace the o-rings at the syringe plunger. There are two o-rings of each syringe. You can find the o-ring pack for each syringe size from Chemyx on-line store.
- Push the plunger back to the stainless steel syringe.
If you have additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.